The goal was to defined the ESR (Experimental Scientific Requirements) for the ISS prototype of the Vip-Gran instrument. Various cells have been defined, among them: 3D and 2D dry cells, Wet cell, Sound cell, Shear cell…
Space GrainsThe aim of the Space Grains project is to study the dynamics and the statistical mechanics of an ensemble of particles that dissipates due to collisions. The experiments focus on clustering mechanisms, thermal fluctuations, convection, segregation and physical phenomena related to excited granular systems.
Coordination : E.Falcon and N.Vandewalle.
- 9th Parabolic Flight Campaign for Vip-Gran – May 2020
- Granulogy project annual meeting (ESA – CMSA/CSU collaboration) – Janv. 2020
- 8th Parabolic Flight Campaign for Vip-Gran – Nov. 2019
- Space Grains TT Meeting at Granada (Spain), 26 Sept. 2019
- ESA – CMSA/CSU Space Science and Utilisation Workshop – May 2019