The Space Grains collaboration will use the Vip-Gran instrument during the 64th ESA Parabolic Flight Campaign, 18 – 29 April 2016, Novespace, Bordeaux (France). The selected experiment is entitled: “PS-64/6 – Vibration-Induced Phenomena in Granular Materials (VIP-GRAN) – Space Grains“
Space GrainsThe aim of the Space Grains project is to study the dynamics and the statistical mechanics of an ensemble of particles that dissipates due to collisions. The experiments focus on clustering mechanisms, thermal fluctuations, convection, segregation and physical phenomena related to excited granular systems.
Coordination : E.Falcon and N.Vandewalle.
- 9th Parabolic Flight Campaign for Vip-Gran – May 2020
- Granulogy project annual meeting (ESA – CMSA/CSU collaboration) – Janv. 2020
- 8th Parabolic Flight Campaign for Vip-Gran – Nov. 2019
- Space Grains TT Meeting at Granada (Spain), 26 Sept. 2019
- ESA – CMSA/CSU Space Science and Utilisation Workshop – May 2019